Welcome to the official website of the International Étienne Gilson Society. Here you will find information about events, journals, and studies promoted or sponsored by this International Society.
Elites—their past, now and future - May 6, 2015, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Poland): [selected lectures]
„Elity - dawniej, dziś, jutro” - 6 maja 2015, Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski Jana Pawła II: [wybrane wykłady]
Integrated Truth and Existential Phenomenology. A Thomistic Response to Iconic Anti-Realists in Science by Robert C. Trundle, Adler-Aquinas Institute. To read more about the book, please visit the Brill's Website: [link]
THE SECOND ANNUAL AQUINAS LEADERSHIP INTERNATIONAL
SUMMER WORLD CONGRESS
ON RENEWING THE WEST BY RENEWING COMMON SENSE
As spring gets started, I write to inform you about the second annual Aquinas Leadership International World Congress at the Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Huntington, Long Island, NY. Dates for the Conference are: Thursday, 25 June to Monday, 29 June 2015, devoted to the topic:
“Atheism, Religion, and Common Sense”
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Center for the Study of The Great Ideas. As a result, part of our celebrations feature some events related to Mortimer J. Adler and the Great Books:
1. Roundtable panel discussion of William F. Buckley interview of Mortimer J. Adler: “Are all religions equal?”
2. Participant papers: Atheism, science, and religion
3. Participant papers: The New Atheism and the new evangelization
4. Roundtable panel discussion: Revisiting Mortimer Adler’s "God and the Professors": What, if anything, can we learn from it to help resolve current world problems?
5. Participant papers and roundtable panel discussion: The challenges of the new spiritualism and new pantheism for ethics and religion
6. Participant papers and panel discussion: Some implications of classical and contemporary moral psychology on organizations and leadership
7. After-dinner paper and panel discussion related to: The new paganism and contemporary moral psychology: Are they essentially connected?
8. Religious education, government, and the State
9. Participant papers and roundtable discussion: Can contemporary moral psychology make intelligible the nature of organizations and leadership?
10. The Holy Apostles College and Seminary’s inaugural Metropolitan Philosophy Roundtable (to discuss The reconstruction of philosophy: Will philosophy once again be able to bury its undertakers?)
11. Panel discussion by the Novareté group (see: http://novarete.com/how-it-works/ethics-engine/) related to use of the cardinal moral virtues in leadership training
Among others, the list of intended participants so far includes: Francis Slade, Jude P. Dougherty, Rev. William Mc Vey, Brother Owen Sadlier, Patrick, Carmack, Roberta Bayer, Jim Maroosis, Herbert Hartmann, Mary Bolan, Lois Eveleth, Sr. Margaret Obrovac, Terrence Berres, Robert Kohn, Robert Delfino, Curtis L. Hancock, Peter A. Redpath, Fulvio Di Blasi, Richard Fafara, Sebastian Mahfood, Richard Ingardia, Stacy Transacos, Nathan O’Halloran, S.J., Benjamin Block, Fr. Ronald Hurl, Joseph Jordan, Michael Mangini. Gregory Sadler, Timothy A. O’Donnell, Joseph Indelicato, Fr. Pawel Tarasiewicz, Marvin Peláez, Fr. Tomasz Kopiczko, and Douglas M. Lindsay
In addition to this being the 25th anniversary of the birth of the Center for the Study of The Great Ideas, on Monday, 29 June 2015, Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at St. Francis College, Frank Slade will celebrate his 88th birthday. On Saturday, 27 June 2015, a World Congress co-sponsor, the International Etienne Gilson Society, will help celebrate Frank’s birthday by presenting him with the “Aquinas Medal for Excellence in Christian Philosophy.” In addition, the Congress will sponsor a Saturday afternoon session devoted to Frank’s work entitled “Frankly speaking”: Conversations with Frank Slade.
If you would like to participate in this meeting by presenting a paper, being a member of a panel, or chairing a session, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know.
Please pass this information along to anyone else you thing might find it of interest.
Peter A. Redpath
President, International Etienne Gilson Society
CEO, Aquinas School of Leadership (http://www.aquinasschoolofleadership.com/)
Click [here] to know more about the Holy Apostles College & Seminary.
Godless Justice? - Jacek Woroniecki Memorial Lectures. Lecturers: Edward M. Macierowski (Benedictine College, Atchison, Kansas, USA) and Richard Fafara (Adler-Aquinas Institute, Manitou Springs, CO, USA). June 1-6, 2015, KUL-Lublin (Poland). To see previous editions of the Lectures: [click here]
Pope John Paul II and Totalitarianism – An International Conference; May 12, 2014, Lublin, Poland [selected lectures in English]
Wybrane wykłady z sympozjów Przyszłość cywilizacji Zachodu i Zadania współczesnej metafizyki w formacie MP3:
● Jan Paweł II wobec totalitaryzmów; ● Edukacja na rozdrożu, ● Cywilizacje wobec multikulturalizmu, ● Spór o dobro, ● Emigracja i cywilizacje, ● Totalitaryzm – jawny czy ukryty?, ● Ewolucjonizm czy kreacjonizm, ● Polityka a religia, ● Filozofia i edukacja.