THE REVIEWING PROCEDURE
● Two competent and independent reviewers are appointed by the editorial office to review a submitted article. Two positive reviews are needed before an article may be published. In the case of one reviewer recommending an article for publication and the other rejecting it, a third reviewer is appointed to evaluate the text.
● When papers are submitted in English and Spanish, the nationality of at least one of the reviewers will be different from the nationality of the author.
● The double-blind review process is used; therefore, the author and the reviewer will be anonymous to each other.
● Reviewers are not allowed to make use of reviewed articles before their publication.
● Authors will be informed of the results of the reviewing process in a timely manner.
● The ultimate decision about the publication of a submitted paper is made by the Editor-in-chief (once two recommendations for publication have been made by the reviewers).
● The names of reviewers of particular articles are not disclosed. Once a year the journal publishes the general list of reviewers on its website.
● Reviews culminate in a definite recommendation regarding publication (see attachment below: ARTICLE-REVIEW-FORM).